Sending your young ones off to school is an exciting, yet intimidating process for any parent. Not only do you want to ensure they are getting the best education possible, you want to be confident knowing that your child will be in a happy and nurturing environment when they head off to school each morning.
It’s important that both parents and the students are comfortable with a new school, whether the child is going off to school for the first time, or if you recently moved to the area and are looking for the best educational setting for your child.
To start your search, ask yourself a few questions first. Private or public school? Are religion and values an aspect of the experience that you want for your child? Are extracurricular activities an important factor in your child’s overall educational balance?
Once you have your own plan in mind, you can always ask your neighbors and coworkers who have children of a similar age for recommendations about the best elementary schools or best private elementary schools in the area. You can also do a web search based on the answers to the questions above to start a list of facilities that meet your initial criteria.
Once you have found a school or schools you like, make an appointment to visit their campus or schedule a virtual tour to speak with their Admissions Director. You’ll have an opportunity to learn more about the school philosophy, environment, faculty, facilities, and curriculum.
Here are common questions we hear from prospective parents:
– What are the admission criteria?
– Is there a spot available for my child right now, is there a waiting list?
– How many children are in each class, what is the student to teacher ratio?
– What makes your school the best choice for my child?
– How do teachers identify students who may need extra help and how do they provide that assistance?
– How often do teachers communicate with parents?
– How are behavioral problems handled if any arise?
– What will my child’s school day look like?
– What happens if my child gets sick at school?
Strelitz International Academy would love the opportunity to meet with you and your young student, show you around our campus and answer any questions you may have. Choosing a school for your child is an important decision. We want you and your child to be confident that choosing our school will exceed your educational expectations. so we invite you to visit us and see how we can provide better value when it comes to your child’s education. contact us at 757-424-4327