Join the Strelitz International Academy Team!
Current Available Positions
Marketing and Communications Manager
We are seeking an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager with a passion for sharing all the wonderful attributes of the Strelitz International Academy with the school and broader community. This person will work both at the strategic and tactical levels. The Marketing & Communications Manager is a dynamic team member responsible for coordinating our efforts to communicate with parents and supporters while, at the same time, elevating our profile in the community. Collaboratively, with the Director of Advancement, this position develops a comprehensive communications plan that includes marketing materials for both community building, recruitment and fundraising. This role will serve as the communications agent consulting with the team to conceptualize an integrated school marketing approach.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Marketing & Communications Manager will:
- Create and implement a school marketing plan.
- Regularly take photos and videos to use for marketing.
- Create videos and brochures to promote the school.
- Serve as primary social media curator.
- Serve as the point person for outside media advertising.
- Write press releases and video clips as needed. Maintain a robust media list and distribute information consistently to stay top of mind with media outlets.
- Procure stories by working closely with program staff to celebrate our children and families through various print, social media, and board committees.
- Create and distribute the weekly school newsletter
- Update school website and social media pages.
- Collaborate with SIA’s Digital Marketing company to develop content to improve SEO.
- Plan and promote school community building events.
- Support fundraising events marketing and day-of execution.
- Proactively seek information from available resources to strengthen and improve the overall agencies’ approach to communication.
- Manage the school spirit store.
- Create the annual school printed calendar.
- Serve as a member of the Strelitz International Academy’s leadership team.
- College degree in a field closely related to Marketing and Communications or experience working in a Marketing and Communications role.
- Strong communication skills and exceptional ability to tell a story through persuasive language that elicits emotion (written & verbal).
- Excellent administrative skills, organizational ability, and attention to details.
- Must be able to work efficiently and productively under time constraints and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Constant Contact and Canva.
- Excellent photography skills and proficiency with graphic design programs.
- Experience working in a school setting or Jewish environment is a plus.
Qualified applicants please send your cover letter and resume to Carin Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Teacher for Grades K-5
*Position starts August 11, 2023
Be a part of a globally minded educational team! The Strelitz International Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, and creative, art teacher for a part-time position. We are a Primary Years International Baccalaureate® World School, establishing global foundations through transdisciplinary Inquiry-Based Learning. The Art Teacher collaborates regularly with classroom teachers to allow students to use art as a lens through which to better understand concepts introduced in the classroom curriculum. The Art Teacher is expected to interact with students through discussions and demonstration, encouraging them to be artists who make real choices in responding to their own ideas and interests. Background knowledge of Jewish values, culture, tradition, and religion is an advantage but not required. Applicants must have earned a degree in education and currently hold or be eligible for Virginia licensure or have extended experience working with elementary-level students.
A full-time position can be discussed to include on-campus substitute teaching and after-school programming. Full-time positions come with excellent employee benefits.
- Responsibilities and Skills
- Know how to plan and execute inquiry-based lessons that follow the International Baccalaureate® educational philosophy of teaching and learning
- Be creative and energetic and ready to inspire
- Be knowledgeable in various art methods and mediums
- Have excellent conflict resolution and communication skills
- Express patience and professionalism
- Monitor students and maintain a healthy, safe, and caring environment
- Work collaboratively with and communicate important information effectively to Directors to encourage class-to-program consistency
- Have 2-3 years of experience working with children and hold a bachelor’s degree, higher-level educational course experience preferred.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Janet Jenkins, Primary Years Director: email@example.com
Substitute Teachers in Early Years and Primary Years
We have openings for substitute teachers working with infants and children from 6 weeks old through grade 5. Substitute teachers for grades K-5 must have completed at least 60 college credits and/or have several years of experience working with elementary school students.
Substitute School Nurse
To provide care for our school community of infants through 5th grade, including first aid, medication administration, and providing ordered treatments. Excellent communication skills required. Pediatric and/or School Nurse experience preferred. Must have a current Virginia RN or LPN license & CPR certification.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Irina Washburn, Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org