Join the Strelitz International Academy Team!
Current Available Positions
Strelitz International Academy is looking for an experienced Business Manager to manage the school’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books and financial entries and reconciliations.
- Review, process and distribute A/P check requests and handle inquiries. Audit employee expenses to ensure compliance with school policy.
- Enters cash deposits and reconciles reports.
- Prepare journal entries on a monthly basis and reconcile general ledger and subsidiary accounts outside of the general ledger. Produce appropriate reports as needed by Head of School.
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements and assist Head of School with variance analysis.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Prepare all required documentation for annual audits of the school’s financial records and retirement plan.
- Oversee all school purchasing, financial investments, banking activities and benefits program.
- Provide staff support, in conjunction with the head of school, to the Finance Committee and The Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school and ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities.
- Maintain our Crisis Manual.
- Assist the head of school with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel and employee contracts.
- Serve as the school’s Human Resources administrator to process all new hires and maintain all benefits.
- Maintain our tax exempt status
- Represent the school at various regional, state and national associations relative to the role of being the business manager.
- Support the school and its leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head of school.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; or an appropriate combination of finance education and related proven experience in accounting.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Apps for Education) and the use of other databases/accounting packages.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently while functioning in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: Ms. Heather Moore, Head of School
Substitute Teachers in Early Years and Primary Years
We have openings for substitute teachers working with infants and children from 6 weeks old through grade 5. Substitute teachers for grades K-5 must have completed at least 60 college credits and/or have several years of experience working with elementary school students.
Substitute School Nurse
To provide care for our school community of infants through 5th grade, including first aid, medication administration, and providing ordered treatments. Excellent communication skills required. Pediatric and/or School Nurse experience preferred. Must have current Virginia RN or LPN license & CPR certification.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: Ms. Deborah Moye