Join the Strelitz International Academy Team!
Current Available Positions
Art Teacher for Grades K-5
Be a part of a globally minded educational team! The Strelitz International Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, and creative, art teacher for a part-time position. We are a Primary Years International Baccalaureate® World School, establishing global foundations through transdisciplinary Inquiry-Based Learning. The Art Teacher collaborates regularly with classroom teachers to allow students to use art as a lens through which to better understand concepts introduced in the classroom curriculum. The Art Teacher is expected to interact with students through discussions and demonstration, encouraging them to be artists who make real choices in responding to their own ideas and interests. Background knowledge of Jewish values, culture, tradition, and religion is an advantage but not required. Applicants must have earned a degree in education and currently hold or be eligible for Virginia licensure or have extended experience working with elementary-level students.
A full-time position can be discussed to include on-campus substitute teaching and after-school programming. Full-time positions come with excellent employee benefits.
- Responsibilities and Skills
- Know how to plan and execute inquiry-based lessons that follow the International Baccalaureate® educational philosophy of teaching and learning
- Be creative and energetic and ready to inspire
- Be knowledgeable in various art methods and mediums
- Have excellent conflict resolution and communication skills
- Express patience and professionalism
- Monitor students and maintain a healthy, safe, and caring environment
- Work collaboratively with and communicate important information effectively to Directors to encourage class-to-program consistency
- Have 2-3 years of experience working with children and hold a bachelor’s degree, higher-level educational course experience preferred.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Janet Jenkins, Primary Years Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Teachers in Early Years and Primary Years
We have openings for substitute teachers working with infants and children from 6 weeks old through grade 5. Substitute teachers for grades K-5 must have completed at least 60 college credits and/or have several years of experience working with elementary school students.
Substitute School Nurse
To provide care for our school community of infants through 5th grade, including first aid, medication administration, and providing ordered treatments. Excellent communication skills required. Pediatric and/or School Nurse experience preferred. Must have a current Virginia RN or LPN license & CPR certification.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Irina Washburn, Business Manager: email@example.com